With three SPAC offerings completed yesterday, the number of year-to-date SPAC IPOs has now exceeded the previous year's record breaking count. So far in 2020, 60 SPACs have raised $22.5 billion, all-time highs for both count and proceeds with nearly five months to go.
To screen for upcoming or past SPAC IPOs, sign up for a free trial of IPO Pro.
This latest record adds to the growing list of milestones for 2020 SPACs:
- The largest SPAC ever to go public: Pershing Square Tontine (PSTHU)
- The largest announced SPAC merger: Churchill Capital III (CCXXU) and MultiPlan ($11 billion)
- The first-ever SPAC IPO of common shares: Therapeutics Acquisition (TXAC)
- The best first-day pop for a SPAC: Therapeutics Acquisition (TXAC; +20% pop)
- The most SPAC proceeds raised in a year: $22.5 billion, with nearly five months to go
- The 3Q20 is the biggest quarter ever by deal count and proceeds
- More companies choosing SPAC listings over IPOs
For more SPAC-related content, read on here: